If you create sites using PHP, PERL or any other language for web development, each time you want to view the results of changes you have to do the following:
- Save the made changes by pressing Ctrl-S.
- Press Alt-Tab to switch to the browser window. You'll probably have to press Alt-Tab several times if you have many windows open. (And how often do you "miss" the window you need?).
- After you switch to the browser, press Ctrl-R or F5 or click the "Refresh" button on the toolbar.
All that wastes time and is plain inconvenient, particularly when you "miss" the window you need or forget to save changes before switching to the browser. Softvoile Rubilnik was developed specifically to let you avoid those difficulties.
It is easy to work with it:
* Start the editor.
* Start the browser.
* Start Softvoile Rubilnik.
* Select the first window (the editor) and the second window (the browser), select the "Send Ctrl-S to First Window and Ctrl-F5 to Second" checkbox if necessary.
* Click "??". Rubilnik hides into the tray.
* That's all. Now by clicking the hotkey (for example, F9), you quickly and easily switch between the windows you need. Besides, changes are saved and the browser window is refreshed automatically.
Algorithm of work:
* If the first window is active, a hotkey stroke sends CTRL-S to the first window, activates the second window and sends Ctrl-F5 to it (optionally).
* If the second window is active, a hotkey stroke activates the first window.
* If any other window is active, you will switch to the first window.
Softvoile Rubilnik allows you to reduce the number of keystrokes to pressing one custom key. Pressing only one hotkey, you save changes, switch to the browser window and refresh it. Just try it and save your time.
What's New in this Release: Version 1.3:
Delay option is added
Fixed: Problems in aplications that have some top-level windows (i.e. Avant Browser, HomeSite and so on).
Fixed: A lot of minor improvements.
Link to Softvoile Rubilnik sample code
Web Development::HTML Tools
Date Added: Oct 29, 2006
Last check for an update: Mar 24, 2017
Last version date: Aug 05, 2008
Page Visit: 63
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Apr 19, 2008