For proper operation of any computer device (like modem, printer, video or sound card) the device driver must be installed. At device driver installation, driver files are copied from a specified location to system folders and get integrated into Windows. DriverExtractor can "reverse" the installation process by searching for all device driver files, retrieving them from Windows system folders and coping into a specified location. Basically, DriverExtractor creates a driver files folder, that can be later used to install this driver back into the system.
- When original device driver media (usually CD) is lost, corrupted, unreadable or otherwise inaccessible, DriverExtractor can extract driver files directly from Windows to replace the missing installation media.
- When a brand new desktop or laptop is purchased, it may come with only one complete setup CD that installs Windows, devices drivers and many other software and utilities which you may not like or need. DriverExtractor can extract all driver files from the preinstalled system, enabling you to reinstall Windows yourself with a custom set of software and settings.
- When a computer uses many devices that require driver installation each from their own media, it makes setup a long and painful procedure. DriverExtractor can help creating one setup folder (or setup CD) for all devices used for the computer.
- When a specific device is no longer supported by the manufacturer or drivers can not be found on the Web, but device is still working on someone's computer - DriverExtractor can the make device working on your computer as well.
- When there's a need to move any plug-n-play devices from one computer to another, DriverExtractor will extract all needed driver files for a fast and convenient installation.
What's New in this Release: Fixed bug in detecting driver subdirectory structure.
Link to DriverExtractor sample code
Platform: WinXP,WinVista,WinVista x64,Win7 x32,Win7 x64,Windows2000,Windows2003,Windows Vi
License: Free To Try
System Utilities::Backup & Restore
Date Added: Mar 27, 2009
Last check for an update: May 27, 2017
Last version date: Mar 01, 2012
Downloads Total : 4
Downloads last 10 Days: None
Page Visit: 617
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Mar 30, 2009