Popularity:This software was not yet scanned for viruses
Ashampoo HDD Control 2 monitors, maintains and defragments hard drives. The software supports not only all common IDE and serial ATA hard drives, but also provides improved support for external USB hard drives and solid state drives (SSDs). The extended user interface gives an overview of the status of your hard drives? health, performance and temperature. It also offers lots of technical information on supported features and their current status. Furthermore the software supports the S.M.A.R.T self-test to check for electric and mechanic problems of hard drives as well as adjustment of the noise level and the power management (if supported by the hard drive).
With just a few clicks the software finds unused files and Internet traces, which can then be deleted. For the deletion of files and folders different erasing methods are available.
Among the common methods Ashampoo HDD Control 2 uses the so-called "proactive" defragmentation. Furthermore it`s possible to restore accidentally deleted files and folders with Ashampoo HDD Control 2 and to use benchmark function, which checks the performance of hard drives.
- Constant monitoring of hard drives (also for multi-user systems)
- Extended user interface with extensive hints and information on health, performance and temperature of hard drives
- Significantly extended support for external USB hard drives and solid state drives (SSDs)
- Support of S.M.A.R.T self-test (if supported by the hard drive)
- Adjustment of the noise level and power management of your hard drives (if supported by the hard drive)
- Data recovery - recovering deleted files and folders
- Fully automatic, "proactive" defragmentation of the hard drives
- Online retrieval of achieved benchmark results of hard drive model(s)
Platform: Win7 x32,Win7 x64,WinVista,WinVista x64,WinXP
Link to Ashampoo HDD Control 2 sample code
License: Free To Try
Date Added: Aug 25, 2010
Last check for an update: May 21, 2017
Last version date: Aug 09, 2012
Page Visit: 82
Malware Status: Not scanned yet