GSplit is a free reliable file splitter that lets you split your large files (like compressed archives, multimedia, music, movie, backup, Zip, log, large text and document files...) into a set of smaller files called pieces. These pieces are easier to copy or backup to floppies, CD, DVD, USB or any disk; to send by email or upload with file hosting services (forget size restrictions); to share with friends, colleagues or to distribute to other users through networks and the Internet.
In addition to the features of other standard file splitters, GSplit can:
- create two types of pieces: disk spanned and blocked (with specific size). Either enter the size for each piece file, the number of pieces to create or the number of lines / occurrences of a pattern by piece.
- generate small Self-Uniting programs (.exe) so anyone without GSplit can assemble pieces and restore the original file. The appearance and functionality of these programs can be customized.
- split very large files (bigger than 4 GB) or small files (less than 100 kb).
- restore file properties: file dates and attributes are not lost.
- perform fast checks to detect file corruption (size, offset, CRC32) and to assure that files are successfully restored.
- customize piece files (size, filenames, title, author...), leave additional space on disks...
- split large text and similar files like huge server log files by number of lines or occurrences of a specified pattern.
- add custom headers to pieces.
- support splitting multiple files in one time, batch (automation) and command line options (can be daemonized).
- store settings into profiles (XML) for reuse.
- GUI skins.
- integrate Windows Explorer (split files with the context menu).
GSplit has an intuitive user interface that makes operations easy and fast, has multilanguage support, and gives you advanced options for pieces and Self-Uniting executable files... GSplit lets you split any file in a snap.
Portable Edition available too.
What's New in this Release: Real portable edition that does NOT require any installation, full compatibility with Windows Vista, improved GUI, new splitting options, improved command-line options for batch processing so GSplit can work as a daemon
Link to GSplit sample code
Platform: Win95,Win98,WinME,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003,Windows Vista Starter,
System Utilities::File & Disk Management
Date Added: Oct 29, 2006
Last check for an update: Dec 03, 2016
Last version date: Feb 12, 2009
Downloads Total : 4
Downloads last 10 Days: None
Page Visit: 93
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Apr 13, 2008