Arpoon Checksum computes checksums of files. A checksum (message digest, hash value) is a kind of fingerprint that enables to uniquely identify a file or document. This can be used for authentication purposes or to track document modifications.
By way of example, this tool can be utilized to:
* uniquely identify a given file, thus using the checksum as a fingerprint.
* survey a file i.e. to check if a file as been modified by comparing its actual checksum with a previously archived value.
* look for possible duplicate of files by scanning hardware storage devices (hard disk, DVD, CD, memory sticks...)
* verify the authenticity i.e. genuineness of a fingerprinted document that has been sent to you (e.g. as an EMail attachment or by way of a download) by comparing its on-the-fly computed checksum with its stored fingerprint.
* Drag&Drop of files or directories
* Recursive calculation for directories strucutres (optional)
* Result list can be sorted (ascending/descending) by every single checksum type
* Link to files can be resolved (optional)
* Hash values can be displayed as hexadecimal or as a MIME-compatible base64 code
* Display of detailled file properties like attributes, size, date of creation...
* Result list may be exported to the clipboard or saved as CSV or HTML files
* During long run calculation, the computing progression is displayed
* Statistics on computation (average speed rate, file size ...) are automatically collected
* A warning message may be displayed before a time consuming computation is started
* Multiple files computation may be aborted during the calculation
* Checksum calculation for a very big files may be aborted too
* All options are maintened in an Ini-file, which is automatically saved in the current user's application data directory, allowing a per user configuration
What's New in this Release: new export function, bugfixes, extended functionality
Link to Arpoon Checksum sample code
Platform: Win98,WinME,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003,Windows Vista Starter,Window
System Utilities::File & Disk Management
Date Added: Feb 13, 2009
Last check for an update: Mar 26, 2017
Last version date: Aug 05, 2007
Downloads Total : 1
Downloads last 10 Days: None
Page Visit: 79
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Feb 18, 2009