AB Commander is a powerful yet easy to use tool that lets you manage files and folders using the convenient dual-panel user interface (pioneered in Norton Commander), while maintaining tight integration with the standard Windows shell. AB Commander has the following features:
- The main window of AB Commander hosts two panels, independently displaying the contents of folders of your computer, just like the built-in Windows Explorer does. Each panel may be used to browse all folders, both the virtual and real ones, located on local or remote drives.
- Powerful means of navigation between folders: the Favorites lists, the History lists, the Folder bar that lets you browse the whole hierarchy of folders; the drive bar and drive list, etc.
- Commands to directly manipulate files and folders (copy, move, rename, delete, synchronize, split, stamp, etc.).
- Built-in file splitter lets you split large files into smaller segments and then merge them back with ease.
- Built-in image viewer with the slide-show capabilities.
- Full-featured text editor that you can use as a replacement for Windows Notepad.
- Various ways of customizing the look and feel of the listings shown in the panels according to your preferences: single- or double-click activation, full row selection, underlining the hot or cold items, etc.
- Command prompt lets you quickly run programs that accept command- line arguments.
- Integration with Space Investigator, that lets you quickly locate the files that consume most space of your hard drive.
The evaluation version is fully functional and comes with a free 30-day license for the full use of the program.
What's New in this Release: Integration with Space Investigator
Link to AB Commander sample code
Platform: WinXP,WinVista,WinVista x64,Win7 x32,Win7 x64,Win2000,WinServer
License: Free To Try
System Utilities::File & Disk Management
Date Added: Oct 30, 2006
Last check for an update: Dec 01, 2016
Last version date: May 12, 2010
Downloads Total : 5
Downloads last 10 Days: None
Page Visit: 113
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Apr 02, 2008