Files Cipher can be used to encrypt a range of computer files to ensure data protection. This program is a multifunctional cryptographic tool that is easy to use and understand. The encryption algorithm with private key was specially developed by FC Soft and has been proven to be effective over many years of operation. Features include a wide scope of application, high performance rate and strong encryption. Due to a comfortable and intuitive interface, Files Cipher allows any user to protect data, even novices in information security.
- Encryption. It is based on the algorithm with a private key that is not stored in the encrypted file. It is possible to combine several files and folders into one crypto-file.
- Compression. It is possible to compress files before they are encrypted, which will reduce the final size of the crypto-file.
- Erasing files. After the program encrypts files, it can erase the source files from the disk so that it will be impossible to recover them even with the help of special software.
- Creating SFX archives. The program can encrypt files into a special SFX archive that can be decrypted without Files Cipher.
- Using all 256 characters in the password. While entering the password, you can use all 256 available characters from the ASCII encoding (even those that are absent on the keyboard).
- Saving and loading the password. It is possible to save the encryption password in a special file and use it during encryption and decryption, which allows you to quickly enter complicated passwords.
- Password generator. Before you encrypt files, you can generate several passwords of a certain length using the specified set of characters.
- Integration with Explorer. You can add the Files Cipher icon to the context menu of Windows Explorer and it will have the Encrypt/Decrypt item in it after that.
What's New in this Release: Creation of SFX archives; Password generator; Windows Vista capable; Integration with Explorer
Link to Files Cipher sample code
Platform: Win98,WinME,Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003,Windows Vista Starter,Windows Vista Ho
License: Free To Try
Security & Privacy::Encryption Tools
Date Added: Jun 04, 2008
Last check for an update: Sep 30, 2016
Last version date: May 01, 2008
Downloads Total : 1
Downloads last 10 Days: None
Page Visit: 84
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Jun 07, 2008