Hide files and folders. Make your personal files invisible to file managers and search software, thus protecting your data from unauthorized access.
No matter how you access the computer drives - directly from Windows Explorer, over a local network or Internet, the hidden files and folders remain invisible. Moreover, the program can be used to hide files on removable media: flash drives, portable hard-disks.
Hide-Files employs a unique technology to hide files, that does not require installing drivers or services, unlike other similar software. Hide files on a FAT, FAT32 or NTFS drive.
Hide-Files can be uninstalled from the PC and all hidden files will remain hidden.
The program is protected by a startup password, so no one except you can view the list of hidden files.
The program ensures that the workability of the operating system will not be damaged by hiding critical files. The program does not allow hiding files that are used by the system or other applications at the moment.
- Simple and fast way to hide or unhide files and folders;
- Ability to handle files directly from the application without having to make them visible first and hide them later on;
- Ability to hide files on removable media - USB flash drives, portable hard-disks;
- Unique technology that uniformly handles the FAT, FAT32 and NTFS file systems;
- No service or driver installation is needed for the program to work;
- No need for Administrator rights - it is enough to have access to your files;
- Hidden files remain hidden after the program is uninstalled.
Hint: Looking for freeware? View all free software in
Access Control category
What's New in this Release: Huge interface improvements
Link to HidesFiles sample code
Platform: WinXP,WinVista,WinVista x64,Windows2003,Windows Vista Ultimate,Windows Vista Ult
License: Free To Try
Security & Privacy::Access Control
Date Added: Oct 29, 2006
Last check for an update: May 21, 2017
Last version date: Sep 15, 2009
Page Visit: 200
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Apr 12, 2008