MG-Split is a file split utility that can be used to split large files into smaller chunks, so they can be easily copied to floppy disks or sent by email. What distinguishes MG-Split from other file split utilities is the built-in ability to handle email messages. You can execute a split session that automatically sends an email for each generated chunk, or you can execute a merge session that automatically retrieves the email messages containing the chunks that must be merged. Another important feature is the ability to run in batch mode; you can easily set up a system that automatically executes a split session or a merge session without any user interaction.
- Ease to use, step by step user interface.
- Split files to and merge files from removable disks, hard disk, Internet mail and Windows mail.
- Split multiple files to multiple destinations in one operation.
- Span files over removable disks.
- Execute split and merge operations in batch mode (without user interaction).
- Generate a DOS batch file or UNIX shell script so files can be merged without MG-Split.
- Restore original file date/time and attributes when merging files.
- Generate checksums to detect file corruption when merging files.
- "Format disk" option when splitting to floppy disk.
- Automatically imports Internet Mail and Windows Mail settings.
- User Guide in standard Windows Help format.
Platform: Win95,Win98,WinME,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000
Link to MG-Split sample code
License: Free To Try
Date Added: Oct 29, 2006
Last check for an update: Oct 25, 2016
Last version date: Apr 07, 2001
Page Visit: 42
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Apr 19, 2008