DELETE.EXE is a Win32 console application that deletes files. Win32
Console application means that it runs in a Windows 98, ME, 2000, or XP
command prompt. It is an improvment over the DEL or ERASE internal
command that comes with the operating system. Delete's features include:
* allows multiple file specifications on the command line; * optionally deletes Hidden, System, or Read Only files;
* optionally prompts for permission to delete any file;
* optionally deletes files in directories below the current one;
* optionally removes empty directories below the current one;
* optionally overwrites files before deleting them; and
* optionally deletes only files dated before, after, or between dates.
* optionally deletes only zero length files.
* optionally deletes only files that are not present in a reference directory (useful for mirroring a directory structure when used with Xcopy).
DEL16.exe is the old DOS version of this program that runs under pure DOS, and can't see long file names.
Platform: Win 3.1x,Win95,Win98,WinME,WinNT 3.x,WinNT 4.x,WinXP,MS-DOS
Link to Delete sample code
License: Free To Try
Date Added: Mar 29, 2009
Last check for an update: Feb 21, 2017
Last version date: Jul 07, 2002
Downloads Total : 1
Downloads last 10 Days: None
Page Visit: 94
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Mar 30, 2009