Freely available tool for near professional visual comparison tests execution. Tool implements blind testing schema - experts don't know, which codec is used for particular video.
You can make two types of subjective video video comparisons and apply different ways of analysis of expert's opinion, including estimation of expert's reliability. You can test several codecs (filters) simultaneously, it will produce more qualitative comparison.
Metric software contains two programs:
* Task manager (planner and statistics calculation tool)
* Player - tool for experts, that plays test sequences:
* with 3 seconds rewind (if allowed in task)
* with pause (if allowed in task)
* showing one pair several times (for expert stability evaluation)
* with final mark
Tool supports .avi and .avs (AviSynth) files.
More options are available in tool documentation.
What's New in this Release: Bugfixing; now 6 methods of subjective comparison!
Link to MSU Perceptual Video Quality Tool sample code
Platform: Win98,WinME,WinNT 3.x,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003
Date Added: Mar 19, 2007
Last check for an update: May 25, 2017
Last version date: Nov 07, 2006
Downloads Total : 4
Downloads last 10 Days: None
Page Visit: 95
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Mar 27, 2008