The calculation is designed for a geometrical design and strength check of toothed belt transmissions. Application is
developed in MS Excel, is multi-language, supports Imperial and Metric units and solves the following main tasks:
- Selection of the type of belt with a suitable output power.
- Selection of an optimum transmission alternative in view of power, geometry and weight.
- Option of designing a non-standard transmission.
- Calculation of all necessary strength and geometrical parameters.
- Calculation of power parameters and axis loads.
- Support of 2D CAD (AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, IntelliCAD, Ashlar Graphite, TurboCAD) and 3D CAD in full
calculation package (Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, Pro/E).
The application works with CAD systems and includes the respective models of pulleys and belts. The calculations
use procedures, algorithms and data from ANSI, RMA (Rubber Manufacturers Association), ISO, DIN, BS and basic
documents from catalogues of companies ContiTech(r) and Gates Rubber Company(r). The database of belts
includes the 20 most frequently used types of toothed belts.
Used standards: Synchronous Belts ANSI/RMA IP-24, 1983; DIN 7721; DIN ISO 5296; ISO 5295; ISO 5294 This
module is a part of MITCalc - Mechanical and Technical Calculation Package for gear, belt and chain drives,
springs, beam, shaft, bolt connection, shaft connection, tolerances and many others.
Hint: Looking for freeware? View all free software in
Platform: Win95,Win98,WinME,WinNT 3.x,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003,Windows Tabl
Link to MITCalc - Timing Belts Calculation sample code
Date Added: Oct 30, 2006
Last check for an update: May 25, 2017
Last version date: Aug 28, 2014
Downloads Total : 7
Downloads last 10 Days: None
Page Visit: 178
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Apr 11, 2008