The calculation is designed for a geometrical design and strength check of common chain transmissions using roller
chains. Application is developed in MS Excel, is multi-language, supports Imperial and Metric units and solves the
- Selection of a power suitable type of chain.
- Selection of an optimum transmission alternative regarding power, geometry and weight.
- Calculation of geometric, strength, safety and operational parameters.
- Calculation of power parameters and axis loads.
- Support of 2D CAD (AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, IntelliCAD, Ashlar Graphite, TurboCAD) and 3D CAD in full
calculation package (Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, Pro/E).
The application includes corresponding databases of roller chains. The calculations use data, procedures,
algorithms and data from ANSI/ASME, ACA (American Chain Association) ISO, DIN, BS and JIS.
Used standards: ANSI/ASME B29.1M (Dec2001), ANSI/ASME B29.3, DIN 8187, DIN 8181, DIN 8181, DIN 8164,
DIN 8150, ISO R606, ISO 1275, BS 228, JIS B1801, JIS B1803.This module is a part of MITCalc - Mechanical and
Technical Calculation Package for gear, belt and chain drives, springs, beam, shaft, bolt connection, shaft
connection, tolerances and many others
Hint: Looking for freeware? View all free software in
Platform: Win95,Win98,WinME,WinNT 3.x,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003,Windows Tabl
Link to MITCalc - Roller Chains Calculation sample code
Date Added: Oct 30, 2006
Last check for an update: May 21, 2017
Last version date: Aug 28, 2014
Downloads Total : 2
Downloads last 10 Days: None
Page Visit: 260
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Apr 11, 2008