The calculation is intended for geometrical design and strength check of force couplings of shafts with hubs with a
cylindrical contact area (Interference fit, clamping connection). The application provides solutions for the following
- Design of force fits, possibly shrink fits.
- Design of clamping connections with separated, or one-side cut hub.
- Strength check of designed couplings.
- Check of interference fit strained by additional radial force with bending moment.
- Check of interference fit working at specific service temperature.
The calculation is based on data, procedures and algorithms from specialized literature and standards ANSI, ISO,
DIN and others. List of standards: ANSI B4.1, ISO 286, DIN 7190.
This module is a part of MITCalc - Mechanical and Technical Calculation Package for gear, belt and chain drives,
springs, beam, shaft, bolt connection, shaft connection, tolerances and many others.
Hint: Looking for freeware? View all free software in
Platform: Win95,Win98,WinME,WinNT 3.x,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003,Windows Tabl
Link to MITCalc - Force shaft connection sample code
Date Added: Oct 30, 2006
Last check for an update: Oct 24, 2016
Last version date: Aug 28, 2014
Downloads Total : 7
Downloads last 10 Days: None
Page Visit: 107
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Apr 11, 2008