WinMind is a single-player game. Your goal is to break the secret code created by the computer. This code is made of 5 slots which can be either empty (expert mode only) or contain a ball randomly chosen among balls from 8 different colors.
WinMind offers you three different modes: beginner, intermediate or expert that use different code creation schemes:
- Beginner mode: WinMind fills all slots with balls and each ball has its own color.
- Intermediate mode: WinMind fills all slots with balls and several balls may share the same color.
- Expert mode: WinMind may leave empty one or several slots and several balls may share the same color.
You have up to 12 guesses to break the code. If you fail to break the code, WinMind will display the code. When you suggest a code by pressing the OK button, the computer gives you the following information:
- Anytime a perfect match exists for a slot (same color, same place), a black peg is shown.
- Anytime a match exists (same color) a white peg is displayed.
Platform: Win95,Win98,WinME,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003
Link to WinMind sample code
Games & Entertainment::Puzzle & Word Games
Date Added: Oct 30, 2006
Last check for an update: May 25, 2017
Last version date: Sep 07, 1996
Downloads Total : 2
Downloads last 10 Days: None
Page Visit: 55
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Apr 02, 2008