OptiPerl 5 is fully integrated visual environment and editor for creating, testing, debugging and running perl and cgi scripts, directly or through associated html documents. It has a well designed user interface and many features.
- Offline editing of CGI Perl Scripts.
- Complete emulation of a real server: scripts can be run indirectly from html documents, with OptiPerl's intenal server. However there is also excellent support if using an apache server.
- Live preview of the scripts in the internal web browser as text or web document.
- Feature packed editor with syntax highlighting and much user customization.
- Completely integrated local & remote debugging with live evaluation of expressions, watches, breakpoints, flow control.
- Code explorer which is a navigational tool that lists elements in your script and can also do a perl pattern search.
- Code librarian and code templates that can be shared with others.
- Context-Sensitive Help on all of Perl's core and module documentation
- Query editor to easily create Query's to be tested with a GET and POST method.
- Pod extractor creates a tree list view of embedded or standalone pod info.
- To do list that is associated with each script.
- Version converter to handle non supported perl functions in windows.
- Smart FTP uploader with a database of upload locations.
- Project support and publishing.
- Live RegExp Tester.
- Source reformatter.
- Many tools like Encoder, Perl Printer, Log Viewer, File Explorer and others!
OptiPerl is used by professionals or amatures.
- Professionals designing perl programs and cgi scripts use it. Save much time by quickly creating, debugging and testing all the ideas you have increasing productivity.
- It is a great learning tool. You can use it to learn Perl and CGI programming in the comfort of a visual editor, without loss of time and money because of loading from dos or being for hours on-line.
What's New in this Release: Minor bug fixes.
Link to OptiPerl sample code
Platform: WinXP,Windows2000,Windows2003,Windows Vista Ultimate,Windows Vista Ultimate x64,
License: Free To Try
Date Added: Oct 30, 2006
Last check for an update: Apr 26, 2017
Last version date: Feb 22, 2008
Downloads Total : 1
Downloads last 10 Days: None
Page Visit: 91
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Apr 02, 2008