Docklight is a testing, analysis and simulation tool for serial communication protocols (RS232, RS485/422 and others). It allows you to monitor the communication between two serial devices or to test the serial communication of a single device. Docklight is easy to use and runs on almost any standard PC using Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP. Key functions include:
* Simulating serial protocols - Docklight can send out user-defined sequences according to the protocol used and it can react to incoming sequences. This makes it possible to simulate the behavior of a serial communication device, which is particularly useful for generating test conditions that are hard to reproduce with the original device (e.g. problem conditions).
* Logging RS232 data - All serial communication data can be logged using two different file formats: use plain text format for fast logging and storing huge amounts of data. Or create a HTML file with styled text that lets you easily distinguish between incoming and outgoing data or additional information.
* Detecting specific data sequences - In many test cases you will need to check for a specific sequence within the RS232 data that indicates a problem condition. Docklight manages a list of such data sequences for you and is able to perform user-defined actions after detecting a sequence, e.g. taking a snapshot of all communication data before and after the error message was received.
* Responding to incoming data - Docklight lets you specify user-defined answers to the different communication sequences received. This allows you to build a basic simulator for your serial device within a few minutes. It can also help you to trace a certain error by sending out a diagnostics command after receiving the error message.
* Docklight has been successfully tested with many popular USB-to-RS232 converters, virtual null modem software, and many other Embedded Development tools that appear as a virtual COM port.
What do you
think aboutDocklight RS232 Terminal - RS232 Monitor
Add your comment
Hint: Looking for freeware? View all free software in
What's New in this Release: Windows visual styles and high DPI aware
Link to Docklight RS232 Terminal - RS232 Monitor sample code
Platform: Win7 x32,Win7 x64,WinVista,WinVista x64,WinXP,Other
License: Free To Try
Date Added: Oct 30, 2006
Last check for an update: Feb 27, 2017
Last version date: Nov 27, 2016
Downloads Total : 2
Downloads last 10 Days: None
Page Visit: 228
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Mar 21, 2008