MarshallSoft Xbase serial communications component library for RS232 and multi-drop RS485 and RS422 serial ports. Use WSC4XB to write applications to access data from serial devices such as barcode scanners, modems, lab instruments, medical devices, USB serial devices, scales, GPS navigation, fingerprint scanners, printer servers, etc. Features of WSC4XB include:
- Supports 256 ports. Can control multiple ports simultaneously.
- Fully thread safe, port re-entrant, modem control, serial line status and control, and ANSI emulation.
- Uses the standard Windows API to communicate with any device connected to a RS232 serial port.
- Supports virtual serial ports (USB to serial converter, Bluetooth serial).
- State driven Xmodem and Ymodem on multiple ports simultaneously (up to 256 connections).
- Can send Windows messages on completion of events (incoming character, etc.).
- Includes over 46 functions plus modem control.
- Supports any baud rate.
- Ability to specify the parity, word size, and number of stop bits.
- Includes multiple Xbase example programs.
- Does not depend on support libraries (calls to core Windows API functions only).
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- C source code is available.
- Free technical support and updates for one year.
- Fully functional evaluation version available.
- Works with all 32-bit versions of Xbase
- Works with 32-bit and 64-bit Windows through Windows 10.
What's New in this Release: Added SioCRC16 and SioCRC32 functions to compute 16-bit CCITT CRC and 32-bit CCITT CRC.
Link to Windows Std Serial Comm Lib for Xbase sample code
Platform: WinXP,WinVista,WinVista x64,Win7 x32,Win7 x64,Win2000,Windows2000,Windows2003,Wi
License: Free To Try
Development::Components & Libraries
Date Added: Oct 31, 2006
Last check for an update: Oct 24, 2016
Last version date: Sep 04, 2015
Page Visit: 242
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Mar 24, 2008