Popularity:This software was not yet scanned for viruses
A serial port interface ActiveX component for Excel, Access and Visual Basic.
- Provides asynchronous I/O, serial port state change notifications. There is no need to poll the component for incoming data. The user needs to provide an event handler procedure to receive incoming data.
- Unlimited data buffering capability for slow VB applications.
- Simple access to DSR and CTS pin states via component properties.
- Programmatic DTR/RTS control via component properties.
- Asynchronous data transmission. The user program could send some big data block to the control and it will be transferred through the serial port in background.
- Works with physical RS232 ports and USB-to-Serial bridges. Useful with USB bar code scanners with serial port emulation.
- Automatic reconnection with USB-to-RS232 adapters upon device attachment.
What's New in this Release: - The ActiveX is now able to connect with serial ports with numbers larger than COM9.
- Now detects connection of USBSer-based serial ports/modems and sends the EVT_CONNECT notification to user application.
Link to StrokeReader sample code
Platform: WinXP,WinVista,Win7 x32,Win2000,Windows2000,Windows2003,WinServer,Windows Vista
License: Free To Try
Development::Components & Libraries
Date Added: Jun 22, 2012
Last check for an update: Jan 21, 2017
Last version date: Jan 12, 2012
Page Visit: 82
Malware Status: Not scanned yet