Popularity:This software was not yet scanned for viruses
ArtfulBits Password Change Web Part allows users to change their own passwords from within the SharePoint environment using standard text box interface (current password, new password and confirm new password). It supports Windows authentication and Forms-based which includes Active Directory (AD), Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), SQL and other authentication providers.
User can access a page with configured Password Change Web Part, enter current password, new password, confirm it, and post changes. If current password is incorrect or the new password does not meet the password policy, password change fails and an error message is displayed. When password has been successfully changed, web part displays the message and the email notification is sent.
- Allows password change without administrator intervention
- Supports Windows and form based authentications
- Supports AD, LDAP, SQL and other membership providers
- Customizable email notification
- Warns users if the password change failed or does not meet the password policy
- Customizable Password Policy description
- "Change Password" action added in user personal menu
- Language pack support (desired localization could be added by request)
Why ArtfulBits Password Change Web Part?
SharePoint does not provide mechanism for users to change their passwords. Due to security and other reasons, users need to change their passwords for intranet or extranet SharePoint portals from time to time. Using ArtfulBits Password Change Web Part, authorized users can change their passwords without site administrator intervention and any other difficulties.
What's New in this Release: Initial Release
Link to Password Change Web Part sample code
License: Free To Try
Development::Components & Libraries
Date Added: Feb 08, 2013
Last check for an update: Oct 23, 2016
Last version date: Jun 16, 2013
Page Visit: 39
Malware Status: Not scanned yet