Popularity:This software was not yet scanned for viruses
Image Upload component is intended to upload and display pictures for list item. It provides ability to directly select a picture in file browsing dialog, upload and display it in the list view.
Component provides quick mechanism of manipulating picture upload, edit and delete actions. It is possible to setup filtering using predefined or custom extentions.
- Direct image uploading
- Image description support (used as alternative text for the picture)
- File extensions filtering (predefined and custom extentions supported)
- Ability to upload files on any type (documents, archives and others)
- Support any type of SharePoint list (not only Picture Library)
- Image thumbnails for list views
- Resize large images after upload
- Images stored in separate internal list subfolder (no conflict with attachments)
- Customizing image appearance in list view and item Edit/display forms (specifying image size, limiting image size, displaying image as a link)
- Language pack support (desired localization could be added by request)
Why ArtfulBits Image Upload Column?
Default process of associating an image with a list item in SharePoint is not so obvious and comfortable. Default WSS 3.0 "Hyperlink or Picture" column does not allow uploading images via browsing and requires you to set the url of the image already existing on the site. In order to associate images with some item in a list in MOOS 2007 user should create the separate picture list and then set the url of certain image to picture column via the modal dialog.
Artfulbits Image Upload Column provides you with easier and flexible way to do this. Image Upload column allows the user to browse their local computer for image of interest. Once the image is selected, column will automatically upload the image and link it to the item.
What's New in this Release: New Features:
- Added SharePoint 2013 support
- Added RTL support
- Added German, Russian and French localizations
- Added Spell Checker support for image description
- Added "Save site as template" support
- Improved TIFF/TIF files support
Link to Image Upload Column sample code
License: Free To Try
Development::Components & Libraries
Date Added: Apr 19, 2010
Last check for an update: Apr 23, 2017
Last version date: Apr 09, 2014
Page Visit: 108
Malware Status: Not scanned yet