The Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP Client) provides secure file transfer functionality over any reliable data stream, SSH in this case. It is the standard file transfer protocol for use with the SSH2 protocol.
wodSFTP component implements client side of this protocol which is reliable and easy to use.
SFTP protocol is designed to provide primarily file transfer, but also more general file system access on the remote server - in secure manner.
SFTP protocol assumes it is running on secure channel (secure channel is implemented in wodSFTP), thus no plaintext passwords or file information is exposed to the network.
This component implements protocol that is also used in well known SCP (Secure Copy) command on UNIX systems. Internally, SCP client opens SFTP connection with the server for file transfer (much better than calling RCP over SSH connection).
wodSFTP supports the most important PutFile (for file uploading) and GetFile (for file downloading) methods, but also:
* PutData and GetData to copy string variable to/from remote file,
* MakeDir and RemoveDir to create and delete directories,
* DeleteFile to delete file on the server,
* ListItems event to list files in some directory on remote server,
* GetAttributes and SetAttributes to retrieve and set attributes for the file (or directory),
* Resume property to resume broken transfers,
* Blocking mode to execute methods and wait until they are completed.
* Password and PublicKey properties that determine type of authentication with the server
* ASCII and Binary file transfers to handle different data types....
* Done event that is fired when executed method is completed - a perfect place to initiate new command..
wodSFTP is tested and works great with all OpenSSH versions, as well as SSH (from SSH Communications Security Corp.) which are most common on today's servers, but has been also tested on others too. Different server implementations handle some sftp features differently.
Hint: Looking for freeware? View all free software in
Active X category
What's New in this Release: 3.6.2 March 14, 2013
* Significant SFTP upload and download speed increase
Link to wodSFTP sample code
Platform: WinXP,WinVista,WinVista x64,Win7 x32,Win7 x64,Windows2000,Windows2003
License: Free To Try
Date Added: Jan 04, 2008
Last check for an update: May 24, 2017
Last version date: Mar 08, 2002
Downloads Total : 1
Downloads last 10 Days: None
Page Visit: 79
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Mar 24, 2008