RVal is a program for Electronic Engineers and hobbyists. It will find the nearest preferred resistor values satisfying certain criteria or all within a given tolerance, in whichever range of preferred values the user selects. All the standard value ranges are supported; they are E6, E12, E24, E48, E96 and E192 and the user can add their own ranges. Preferred values can be selected according to the following criteria:
* The nearest preferred value to that specified.
* The pair of preferred values having the closest approximation to the required Ratio.
* The pair of preferred values having the closest approximation to the required Difference.
* Pairs of preferred values which, when placed in series or parallel provide the closest approximation to the required value.
* The preferred value required in parallel with an existing value to provide the closest approximation to the required value.
The program's output can be printed, saved or appended to a text file or copied (in part or in full) to the clipboard. RVal also includes the facility to output a list of the values in the selected range. Clipboard or file contents are also suitable for import into a spreadsheet or similar program.
What's New in this Release: User can now add ranges and save program settings
Link to RVal sample code
Platform: Win 3.1x,Win95,Win98,WinME,WinNT 3.x,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP
License: Free To Try
Business::Math & Scientific Tools
Date Added: Oct 29, 2006
Last check for an update: Feb 18, 2017
Last version date: Feb 09, 2008
Downloads Total : 3
Downloads last 10 Days: None
Page Visit: 85
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Apr 21, 2008