The program is designed to calculate the optimum cross-section and perform strength check of slender struts
strained for buckling. The program includes:
- Selection of six basic types of buckling.
- Calculation of area characteristics of 20 types of cross-sections.
- Design of optimum profile accommodating the set load.
- Strength check of the strut.
- Calculation and graphical representation of permitted stress dependent on slenderness rate.
- A table of materials and a table of area characteristics of W, S, C and L profiles according to ANSI/AISC and I, U,
L and T profiles according to DIN/ISO.
The calculation is based on data, procedures, algorithms (Johnson, Tetmajer, Euler, Secant) and data from
specialized literature and AISC, ISO, DIN and BS standards.
List of standards (DIN 1025, 1026, 1028, 1029, 1024, AISC W, S, C, L, LU ... ) This module is a part of MITCalc -
Mechanical and Technical Calculation Package for gear, belt and chain drives, springs, beam, shaft, bolt
connection, shaft connections, tolerances and many others
Platform: Win95,Win98,WinME,WinNT 3.x,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003,Windows Tabl
Link to MITCalc - Buckling Calculation sample code
Business::Math & Scientific Tools
Date Added: Oct 30, 2006
Last check for an update: Jan 19, 2017
Last version date: Aug 28, 2014
Downloads Total : 13
Downloads last 10 Days: None
Page Visit: 284
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Apr 11, 2008