ChordAlchemy offers a rich and robust set of capabilities for looking up chords, determining what chords you are playing and hearing how they sound.
Chord variations are easily handled by ChordAlchemy's powerful, Advanced Chord Theory and Chord Diagram Engines. Coupled with an easy-to-use interface, you can easily generate chords diagrams anywhere on an instrument's fingerboard, in any tuning, across any number of strings (up to six), spanning any number of frets from two to six. Just resize the Chord Generation Window and slide it along the neck.
Open a Chord Page and start collecting chords. Organize them by tuning, song, level of play, or what ever criteria you choose and print them out. A great tool for teachers, students, composers, and noodlers alike!
* Superior Chord Lookup for Known Chords
* Interactive Instrument Fingerboard for an Instrument-Centric Interface
* Pre-defined or Custom Tunings
* Powerful and Easy-to-Use Chord Generation Window Interface
* Real-time, Dynamic Chord Formula Modification
* Outstanding Chord Diagram Creation Control
* Create Chord Collections on Customizable Chord Pages
* Advanced Reverse Chord Lookup Capabilities including No Root and Added Bass
* Also supports Notes, Intervals and Scales
* No Root, Added Bass, No 3rd, No 5th
* And Much More...
Hint: Looking for freeware? View all free software in
Music Composers category
What's New in this Release: Significant new functionality - Scale Diagrams, Chord Diagram Editor, Chord Page enhancements, Scales and Chord Substitutions
Link to Chord Alchemy sample code
Platform: Win98,WinME,WinXP,Vista,Windows 7
Audio & Multimedia::Music Composers
Date Added: Oct 30, 2006
Last check for an update: May 24, 2017
Last version date: Oct 07, 2005
Page Visit: 310
Malware Status: Clean
Scan Date: Apr 03, 2008